Comprehensive carrier screening with
personalized residual risk
Sema4 Elements® Expanded Carrier Screen with Personalized Residual Risk (ECS) solution, our latest advancement in carrier screening, provides a patient’s residual risk assessment based on their molecular ancestry rather than self-reported ethnicity, for better accuracy. It offers a variety of flexible panel sizes, with screening for up to 502 genes, and may be easily customized to address specific clinical needs. With its advanced platform, Sema4 Elements® ECS enables providers to identify more at-risk pregnancies and maximize the opportunity for couples to make informed reproductive decisions.
Onset in childhood or early adulthood and progressive severity
How can genetic ancestry be incorporated into Expanded Carrier Screening to enhance reproductive counseling and augment Personalized Residual Risk results?
View the latest Sema4 Research Highlight showcasing the first report, presented at the 2022 ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting, to use genetic ancestry to deliver accurate personalized residual risks to learn how:
- Sema4 created, validated, and implemented a novel ancestry-calling component into the Sema4 Elements® Expanded Carrier Screen to improve the accuracy of residual risk reporting
- Discrepancies between self-reporting of ethnicity and genetic ancestry can impact appropriate reproductive risk and genetic counseling
- These findings support evaluating genetic ancestry beyond individual reporting of ethnicity to yield optimal insights into residual risk
- In-network with the majority of national and regional insurers
- Patient-friendly billing policies, including competitive self-pay prices and financial assistance programs
- We appeal coverage determinations on behalf of patients if precertification or pre-authorization requests are denied
- Patients can track their tests, view results, and access educational materials through the Sema4 Patient Portal
*Expanded Carrier Screening (502 genes) with Personalized Residual Risk [Validation Summary]. Sema4 (2021).