Financial Support for Genomic Testing
What to expect
- A claim is submitted to your insurer. Sema4 accepts most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid
- You may receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company. The EOB is not a bill; it shows the specific Sema4 test that was billed and what your insurance covered
- In the event your insurance company does not pay for the complete cost of the test, we will appeal to them on your behalf
- You may receive a bill for out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the application of coinsurance or deductibles in your insurance policy
- If you are experiencing any billing issues, please call the Sema4 billing office. Our billing specialists are here to help at 800-298-6470 or fill out the form below
Sema4 offers patient support to break down barriers to testing. All US-based patients are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
Step 1 – Apply for financial assistance by starting to fill out your information in the form below.
Step 2 – Sema4 will respond to your application within one business day
If you have any concerns about out-of-pocket costs and would like to discuss your options please reach out to us for more information. For uninsured and international patients, we offer self-pay options and payment plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does insurance cover Sema4 testing?
Sema4 is in-network with most major insurance plans and many regional plans. Sema4 offers patient support to break down barriers to testing. Payment plans, self-pay pricing, and other financial assistance options are available.
What happens if insurance denies coverage?
If coverage is denied, Sema4 will submit an appeal to your insurance company on your behalf. We may contact your provider for assistance during the appeal process if needed. Sema4 will only bill you for charges required by your insurance company.
What happens if my insurance does not cover the cost of the whole test?
Sema4 does not bill you for the difference between the billed amount and the amount allowed by your insurance provider. The only insurance costs you are responsible for are out-of-pocket expenses resulting from applying the coinsurance percentage or deductibles in your insurance policy. Sema4 has a financial assistance program designed to help patients in financial need to afford the cost of testing.