Ordering a test
From specimen pick up, to test ordering and processing, to results reporting, we are dedicated to providing exceptional support for you, your practice, and your patients.
When ordering a genetic screen, please include the appropriate test requisition and consent forms along with your patient’s specimen. Please also indicate how you would prefer to receive the test results. We can send the results by mail, fax, phone, secure email, or online web portal.
Specimen pick up
There are several options available for specimen pick up. For practices located in the New York City area, we work with local courier services to transport specimens to our lab for quick processing. To confirm that you are located within our service area or to arrange a pick up, please call us at 800-298-6470.
If your office is located outside of our service area, please arrange for overnight delivery of your specimen to the following shipping address:
Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Laboratory
Atran Laboratory Building Room 2-25
1428 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
End-to-end support for your practice
To make the testing process as efficient as possible, we offer a number of support services to simplify your workflow, including
- Coverage across most insurance plans, through Mount Sinai Health system payer relationships and lab reference agreements
- Outreach visits by our lab directors and genetic counselors
- A centralized accessioning and client services team to ensure efficient test turn-around times
- Summary-based reporting to improve clarity and physician interpretation
- Personalized services for every provider or practice based on their needs, including
- Number of pick ups per day
- Delivery of results
- Webportal for electronic retrieval of results
- EMR connection with LIMS (EPIC and practice-based)
- Strategic partnerships with other labs