Sema4 Signal® Hereditary Cancer
How might hereditary cancer genetic testing help me and my family?
Depending on the gene, testing positive for a pathogenic variant could mean that you have an increased risk of developing certain types of cancers. Because pathogenic variants often run in families, your relatives may also have inherited the same variant. Genetic testing can help you and your family members:
- Take steps to detect cancer early/lower the risk of developing certain cancers
- Determine the best treatment approach if cancer occurs
- Identify if there is an inherited risk to develop cancer in a family so that relatives can make an informed decision about genetic testing
I have cancer (or had cancer before). Should I still be tested?
You can still benefit from hereditary cancer genetic testing even if you currently have cancer or have been diagnosed with cancer in the past. Genetic testing can help identify underlying hereditary causes of your cancer. This test might help you and your healthcare provider:
- Better understand your risk of developing additional cancer(s)
- Identify strategies to reduce the risk of developing additional cancer(s)
- Take steps to detect cancer early. Early detection may help improve outcomes
- Determine the best treatment approach for certain types of cancers
- What can positive results mean for you and your family? Learn more.
Family History Questionnaire
Designed to help you assess your risk of hereditary cancer. Should only take a few minutes to complete.
Pre-test educational video
If your doctor determines that a hereditary cancer test is right for you, he or she may ask you to watch this informational video to learn more about the testing process.
We’re here to help
Our Sema4 Signal Patient Portal supports you along the journey, allowing you to:
Schedule genetic counseling appointments
View educational videos; and
Access your easy-to-understand test results report.