Breast/Gyn Cancer Panel
Test code: GDB273
Related gene(s): ATM, BARD1, BRCA1, BRCA2, BRIP1, CDH1, CHEK2, EPCAM, FANCC, FANCM, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, MUTYH, NF1, PALB2, PMS2, POLD1, PTEN, RAD51C, RAD51D, RECQL, STK11, TP53
The Breast/Gyn Cancer Panel includes genes associated with increased risk for breast, ovarian and endometrial cancers. Most of the genes included in this panel have management guidelines published. This panel also includes some genes with emerging evidence supporting cancer risk association. This panel can provide information that may help healthcare providers and patients make more informed decisions regarding treatment and prevention.
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Breast or endometrial (uterine) cancer diagnosed under 50 years of age
- Multiple cancers in one person, either of the same origin (such as two separate colon cancers) or of different origins (such as breast cancer and ovarian cancer)
- Ovarian cancer or male breast cancer at any age
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with the same or related cancers (including breast, ovarian, endometrial, pancreatic and/or prostate) on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry with a history of breast, ovarian or pancreatic cancer
- Deletion/duplication analysis
- Next-Gen sequencing
- Preferred: 2-5 mL Blood – Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative: Buccal Swabs, Fibroblasts (separate charge for cell culture may apply)
- CPT code(s):* 81432×1, 81433×1
- Turnaround Time:** 2 weeks
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
**Reporting times are typical and begin once the sample(s) are received at the GeneDx laboratory, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx’s reasonable control.