Comprehensive Jewish Carrier Screen (101 Genes)
Related Gene(s): ABCC8, ABCD1, ACADM, ADAMTS2, AGL, AIRE, ARSA, ASNS, ASPA, ATM, ATP6V1B1, ATP7B, BBS2, BCKDHB, BLM, CERKL, CFTR, CLRN1, COL4A3, CPT2, CTNS, CYBA, CYP11B2, CYP21A2, CYP27A1, DHCR7, DHDDS, DLD, DMD, DNAH5, DNAI1, DNAI2, DYSF, EYS, F11, FAH, FAM161A, FANCA, FANCC, FKTN, FMR1, G6PC, GAA, GALT, GBA, GBE1, GJB2, GNE, HBA1, HBA2, HBB, HEXA, HOGA1, HPS3, IKBKAP, LDLR, LIPA, LOXHD1, MCOLN1, MED17, MEFV, MLC1, MPL, MTHFR, MTTP, NDUFAF5, NDUFS6, NEB, NR2E3, NTRK1, OAT, OPA3, PAH, PCDH15, PEX2, PEX6, PFKM, PHGDH, PKHD1, PMM2, PUS1, PYGM, RAG2, RAPSN, RARS2, RPE65, RTEL1, SEPSECS, SLC35A3, SMN1, SMPD1, SUMF1, TCIRG1, TECPR2, TMEM216, TRMU, TYMP, USH2A, VPS13A, VRK1, VSX2
The Comprehensive Jewish Carrier Screen tests for variants in 101 genes associated with genetic diseases found at an increased frequency in the Ashkenazi Jewish (Central and Eastern European), Sephardi Jewish (Southern European and Northern African), and Mizrahi Jewish (Middle Eastern/Arab) populations. Some disorders are specific to one of the 3 subpopulations, however, there are certain diseases that are relevant to all Jewish subgroups. Because these disorders are inherited in an autosomal recessive or X-linked manner, patients may be at risk of passing on a genetic disorder without knowing it.
Testing is performed using a combination of next-generation sequencing, targeted genotyping, and copy number analysis. Additionally, enzyme analysis is performed for Tay-Sachs disease. Although this testing can detect the majority of disease-causing pathogenic variants, a negative result does not eliminate the possibility that an individual is a carrier of a rare pathogenic variant that was not identified. Please refer to the residual risk table to determine the risk following a negative result.
For prenatal samples, please contact our laboratory at 800-298-6470 for more information.
- Blood: Two 5-10 mL EDTA tubes (lavender top), and either a third 5-10 mL EDTA tube or one 5-10 mL ACD tube (yellow top)
- Saliva: Saliva specimens are accepted in Oragene DNA (OG-500) kits by DNA Genotek. Please note that Tay Sachs enzyme analysis cannot be performed on saliva
- If carrier screening was previously performed through Sema4, reanalysis and/or test enhancements may be ordered without providing an additional specimen. Please contact the laboratory to determine if an additional specimen is required
- Ship at room temperature
- 14 days from receipt of specimen
- Expanded Carrier Screen (502 Genes)
- Expanded Carrier Screen (283 Genes)
- Expanded Carrier Screen (152 Genes)
- Expanded Carrier Screen (39 Genes)
- Ashkenazi Jewish Carrier Screen (64 Genes)
- Sephardi-Mizrahi Jewish Carrier Screen (54 Genes)
- High Frequency Carrier Screen (11 Genes)
- Standard Carrier Screen (4 Genes)
Expanded Carrier Screen patient brochure
Expanded Carrier Screen provider brochure
Carrier screening test requisition
Prenatal test requisition, including carrier screening and Noninvasive Prenatal Select