Hereditary Prostate Cancer Panel
Test code: GDJ665
Related gene(s): ATM, BRCA1, BRCA2, BRIP1, CHEK2, EPCAM, HOXB13, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, NBN, PALB2, PMS2, RAD51C, RAD51D, TP53
The Hereditary Prostate Cancer Panel includes genes associated with increased lifetime risk for prostate cancer. While most of the genes included in this panel have management guidelines published, there are some genes on this panel with emerging evidence to support association with cancer predisposition. This panel can provide information that may help healthcare providers and patients make more informed decisions regarding treatment and/or screening.
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer diagnosed at an early age
- Metastatic/aggressive prostate cancer
- Multiple cancers in one person (such as prostate and pancreatic cancer)
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with prostate cancer (especially aggressive; Gleason score ≥ 7) and/or related cancers (including breast, ovarian, pancreatic, colon, endometrial etc.) on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
- Deletion/duplication analysis
- Next-Gen sequencing
- Preferred: 2-5 mL Blood – Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative: Buccal Swabs, Fibroblasts (separate charge for cell culture may apply)
- CPT code(s):* 81408×1; 81162×1; 81479×1; 81403×1; 81292×1; 81294×1; 81295×1; 81297×1; 81298×1; 81300×1; 81307×1; 81317×1; 81319×1; 81351×1
- Turnaround Time:** 2 weeks
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
**Reporting times are typical and begin once the sample(s) are received at the GeneDx laboratory, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx’s reasonable control.