Hyperparathyroidism/Endocrine Tumor Panel
Test code: GDT828
Related gene(s): AIP, APC, CASR, CDC73, CDKN1B, CHEK2, DICER1, MEN1, PRKAR1A, PTEN, RET
The Hyperparathyroidism/Endocrine Tumor Panel includes genes that are associated with hyperparathyroidism-jaw tumor syndrome and endocrine tumor. This panel may provide information that may help healthcare providers and patients make more informed medical decisions.
- Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome
- Endocrine Tumor
- A personal history of endocrine tumors/disorders (such as: hyperparathyroidism, pituitary adenoma, thyroid cancer, carcinoid tumors, or neuroendocrine tumors)
- A personal history of parathyroid carcinoma
- A personal history of multi-glandular hyperparathyroidism
- Multiple relatives on the same side of the family diagnosed with endocrine tumors and/or hyperparathyroidism
- Deletion/duplication analysis
- Next-Gen sequencing
- Capillary Sequencing
- Preferred: 2-5 mL Blood – Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative: Buccal Swabs, Extracted DNA
- CPT code(s):* 81321×1, 81404×1, 81405×1, 81406×1
- Turnaround Time:** 3 weeks
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
**Reporting times are typical and begin once the sample(s) are received at the GeneDx laboratory, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx’s reasonable control.