Pediatric Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
Related Gene(s): CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP3A5, DPYD, SLCO1B1, TPMT, UGT1A1, VKORC1
Related Medication(s): Please see the Pharmacogenetic Medication and Gene Panels table for further information
Our Pediatric Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel is designed to detect clinically actionable allelic and copy number variants in 9 drug response genes that inform on 41 medications prescribed to infants and children (<18 years of age). This test is intended to help physicians make therapeutic decisions for these selected medications that can be prescribed during childhood and which can have interindividual response variability.
For this test, targeted genotyping of functional sequence variants is performed using the Agena Biosciences platform and copy number variants interrogated for the CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and CYP3A5 genes by MLPA. In addition, the UGT1A1*28 dinucleotide repeat allele is genotyped by PCR and capillary electrophoresis.
- Blood: One 5-10 mL ACD tube (yellow top) and two 5-10 mL EDTA tubes (lavender top)
- Saliva: Saliva specimens are accepted in Oragene DNA (OG-500) kits by DNA Genotek
- Ship at room temperature
- 10-14 days from receipt of specimen
- Cardiovascular Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Comprehensive Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Epilepsy Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Oncology Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Pain Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Psychiatric Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Targeted Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel