Targeted Gene Pharmacogenetic Panel
Related Gene(s): ABCB1, ABCG2, ADRA2A, COMT, CYP1A2, CYP2B6, CYP2C (rs12777823), CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP4F2, DPYD, DRD2, G6PD, GRIK4, HTR2A, HTR2C, NUDT15, OPRM1, SLCO1B1, TPMT, UGT1A1, UGT2B15, VKORC1
Related Medication(s): Please see the Pharmacogenetic Medication and Gene Panels table for further information
Targeted Gene Pharmacogenetic Testing is available to detect allelic and copy number variants for any of the drug response genes included in our pharmacogenetic panels. Reported medications will depend on the gene(s) selected for testing by the ordering provider. This test is intended to help physicians make therapeutic decisions for medications affiliated with specific pharmacogenetic genes.
For this test, targeted genotyping of functional sequence variants is performed using the Agena Biosciences platform and copy number variants interrogated for the CYP1A2, CYP2B6, CYP2C19, CYP2C9, CYP2D6, CYP3A4, and CYP3A5 genes by MLPA. In addition, the UGT1A1*28 dinucleotide repeat allele is genotyped by PCR and capillary electrophoresis.
- Blood: One 5-10 mL ACD tube (yellow top) and two 5-10 mL EDTA tubes (lavender top)
- Saliva: Saliva specimens are accepted in Oragene DNA (OG-500) kits by DNA Genotek
- Ship at room temperature
- 10-14 days from receipt of specimen
- Cardiovascular Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Comprehensive Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Epilepsy Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Oncology Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Pain Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Pediatric Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel
- Psychiatric Pharmacogenetic Genotyping Panel